Provide cut outs of the food that the Very Hungry Caterpillar ate giving the children the same number of each item.
Ask the children questions about the food.
- How many pieces of food did the caterpillar eat through?
- How many pieces of fruit did he eat?
- How many oranges?
- How many things were not fruit?
- How many healthy choices did he make?
- How many unhealthy choices did he make?
- How many days from when he hatched till he turned into a butterfly?
It is easy to incorporate a discussion about healthy choices as well as the days of the week.
Related online training:
Basic Nutrition (2 hours / .2 CEU)
Tuition: $21.00In-Service Training Course Code: NUT1
CDA Competency: Safe and Healthy Environment [2 hours / .2 CEU]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 5: Health, Safety and Nutrition [2 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Health, Safety & Nutrition [2 hours]
Click here to check if our courses are accepted in your state.