- wax paper
- tissue paper (assorted colors)
- Cut small squares of tissue paper.
- Cut a butterfly pattern out of wax paper.
- Paint a small area of the pattern with glue. Apply the tissue paper squares until the glue is covered.
- Continue gluing on squares of tissue paper until the pattern is covered. Allow the glue to dry, then glue a second layer of tissue paper squares on top of the first layer.
- After the glue has dried, carefully lift the tissue paper butterfly from the wax paper. Trim the edges of the butterfly’s wings to make them more rounded.
- Attach a string to hang the stained glass butterfly from the ceiling or a curtain rod.
- lace remnants
- white thread
- pipe cleaners
- Make two butterflies by cutting two rectangles that are different sizes from the lace remnants. Round the corners of the rectangles.
- To form each butterfly’s wings, pinch and use thread to tightly tie the center of each lace rectangle.
- Bend a pipe cleaner over each piece of thread and shape it to look like an antennae for each butterfly.
Optional: Use markers, glitter, or sequins, to decorate your butterflies.
More ideas for butterflies:
Butterfly Crafts For Kids by No Time For Flash CardsButterfly Goodie Bag by Crafty-Crafted.com
Colorful Handprint Butterfly by Handprint and Footprint ART
Coffee Filter Butterfly by My Kids Make….
Flutter by, Butterfly! by Spark and All
Yarn Butterflies Spring Craft by GummyLump.com
Related online training:
Safety: Curriculum Development Tools (1 hour / .1 CEU)
In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0811CDA Competency: Safe and Healthy Environment [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 5: Health, Safety and Nutrition [1 hour]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Health, Safety & Nutrition [1 hour]
Click here to check if our courses are accepted in your state.