Go on a walk with your preschooler and see what you can find with this simple worksheet. You can even mark off the items you find or use the page as a bingo board.
Ask the children questions as you search.
- Where is the bird? What is the bird looking for in the grass and why does he do that?
- You found pink flowers. How many did you find? Tell me how they smell.
- What kind of bug will we find under this rock? How many legs will it have? Will it fly or crawl?
Use your senses and practice new words.
- Doesn't the sunshine feel delightful?
- That is a tremendous tree.
- Oh, my! I see a butterfly with such vibrant colors.
- I hear the birds chirp, tweet and cheep.
Whether you find a few or find them all, you will have a lot of fun. What a great way to get out and enjoy the sunshine!
Related online training:
Learning Through Play (1 hour / .1 CEU)
Tuition: $10.50In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0112
CDA Competency: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 2 Curriculum and Learning Environment [1 hour]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [1 hour]
Click here to check if our courses are accepted in your state.