Here is what you will need: Borax, hot water, string, jar, pencil, and a pipe cleaner.
1. Have your child shape their pipe cleaner into whatever shape they want.
2. Put 1/2 cup Borax into the jar.
3. Pour 3 cups of boiling water into the jar with the Borax and mix until dissolved.
4. Tie the string onto the end of the pipe cleaner, and loop a pencil around the other end of the string and slowly lower into the jar (making sure that the pipe cleaner is not touching the bottom of the jar and is fully submerged into the water ).
5. Leave overnight......When you wake up in the morning go check on them and see how awesome they look!!
Related online training:
Creating Teachable Moments The Value of Classroom Décor (3 hours / .3 CEU)
Tuition: $31.50In-Service Training Course Code: ECE 0314
CDA Competency: Effective Program Operation [3 hours / .3 CEU]
Washington Core Competency: Content Area 2: Curriculum and Learning Environment [3 hours]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [3 hours]